Now shipping....

http://fatboygear.net

Okay, We all, well most of us remember Arsenio Hall. He had a section at the beginning of his show called "Things That Make You Go Hmmm?" What are things that Make YOU go Hmmmm?

I'll start:

A popular one;

Why do you drive on a Parkway and park on a Driveway?

Now Some that make me go Hmmm?

Did Jesus have webbed feet? (He walked on water!)

Does Jesus really look like the paintings we have all seen?

Do Ghost believe in People?

Why would anyone start this discussion?

Now tell me yours!

Brett

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's an internet list:

There is no egg in eggplant, nor ham in hamburger; neither apple or pine in pineapple. And while no one knows what is in a hotdog, you can be pretty sure it isn't canine.

English muffins were not invented in England nor French fries in France.

Sweetmeats are candies, while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat.

We take English for granted. But if we explore its paradoxes, we find that quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are square, and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.

And why is it that writers write, but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce, and hammers don't ham?

If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth, beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So one moose, two meese? Is cheese the plural of choose? One mouse, 2 mice. One louse, 2 lice. One house, 2 hice?

If teachers taught, why didn't preachers praught?

If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?

Why do people recite at a play, and play at a recital? Ship by truck or car and send cargo by ship? Have noses that run and feet that smell? Park on driveways and drive on parkways?

How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites?

How can the weather be hot as heck one day and cold as heck another? When a house burns up, it burns down. You fill in a form by filling it out and an alarm clock goes off by going on. You get in and out of a car, yet you get on and off a bus. When the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible.

And why, when I wind up my watch, I start it, but when I wind up an essay, I end it?
Wow! That pretty much covers it. Or Does it?
Why are they called APARTments since they are all together? :-)
When told we may run out of gas, why do people flock to the gas stations and buy as much as their credit cards will allow, instead of sharing and waiting until they need gas? Self-fulfilling prophecy...we may run out, well, if you all go get as much as you can get we'll definitely run out!

(sorry, this weekend has me questioning the average American.)
I was thinking the same thing earlier. Maybe there should be some kind of rationing until they get this fixed.

Why is Middle Tennessee the only area that doesn't have gas?

Brett
speaking of the nashville gas shortage...

...check this out
Oh. My. Lord.

That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time!
I peed myself a little.
Williamson County Has Gas???

Let's get 'em boys!
Why is Frank BEARD the only clean shaven man in ZZ Top?
Awesome! Dave, you brought it around to music!
Why does a "Good" Vacuum Cleaner really Suck.
In response to the original subject of What Makes You Go HMMMM?

OUR MUSICIAN'S UNION

dirk

RSS

Latest Activity

Rolin Mains replied to Ed Bazel's discussion Looking for best location shot for a grand piano in Nashville
Monday
Prentis Goodwin posted songs
Sunday
Tommy Lee updated their profile
Saturday
Steven Bliss posted a song

play Fools Like Us

03:34
Saturday
Kristopher A Tweedy promoted Kristopher A Tweedy's profile
Apr 18
Robert Jason replied to Ed Bazel's discussion Looking for best location shot for a grand piano in Nashville
Apr 16
Prentis Goodwin shared a profile on Facebook
Apr 14
Robert Jason posted a discussion
Apr 11
Pete Warren posted songs
Apr 11
Larry Sherdian posted a status
"any idea who would have/sell curtis chips for synths"
Apr 9
Glenn Thomas posted photos
Apr 9
Glenn Thomas posted a status
"Lots of new clients for Mastering. Thanks guys."
Apr 9
garytalley updated their profile
Apr 7
garytalley commented on Bret Teegarden's group Songwriters
Apr 7
garytalley posted a status
"Gary Talley's 4th Guitar and Tractor Pull at Kimbro's in hysterical downtown Franklin 7:00 Will McFarlane , Joe West , Jenny Tolman,"
Apr 7
Profile IconBuddy Blackmon, J.Paul Brittain and Joy Lemke joined Nashville Music Pros
Apr 7

© 2014   Created by Bret Teegarden.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service