Now shipping....

http://fatboygear.net

Since itunes has revolutionized music and made cds a thing of the past, people are giving away their music for free, should concerts be free too? Why is the music industry giving in to the "give away" market... when was the last time you got a dvd for free, or went to the movies for free? How has the movie industry been able to protect their content/product and livelyhood and in the music world we give it away for free?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I completely get what you are saying... i just mean, how does a music person make their living, if people expect to go to a club and not pay a cover... Do you have to be Carrie Underwood to make money?
It is hitting the movie industry as we speak. I believe the speed of downloading content from the internet stalled the pirating of the movie industry but it is catching up fast. They are going to face the same issues the music industry is facing.
I wish the two industries could work together to figure out a way for people in both industries to continue to make this profession (music and movies) their livelihood!

RSS

Latest Activity

Cody Navarro is now a member of Nashville Music Pros
5 hours ago
Mr "NOBODY" Jones posted a photo
6 hours ago
Profile IconOwen Lindaman, ROBERT CAVANAUGH, Galen Butler and 7 more joined Nashville Music Pros
Monday
Stephen Rockford Hammond posted photos
Sunday
Terry Zimmerman posted photos
Nov 20
Terry Zimmerman is now a member of Nashville Music Pros
Nov 20
Rick Hatfield posted a status
"What's happening?"
Nov 17
Rick Hatfield updated their profile
Nov 17