Now shipping....

http://fatboygear.net

Since itunes has revolutionized music and made cds a thing of the past, people are giving away their music for free, should concerts be free too? Why is the music industry giving in to the "give away" market... when was the last time you got a dvd for free, or went to the movies for free? How has the movie industry been able to protect their content/product and livelyhood and in the music world we give it away for free?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I completely get what you are saying... i just mean, how does a music person make their living, if people expect to go to a club and not pay a cover... Do you have to be Carrie Underwood to make money?
It is hitting the movie industry as we speak. I believe the speed of downloading content from the internet stalled the pirating of the movie industry but it is catching up fast. They are going to face the same issues the music industry is facing.
I wish the two industries could work together to figure out a way for people in both industries to continue to make this profession (music and movies) their livelihood!

RSS

Latest Activity

Profile IconMike Barnes and M.Gantt Kees Jr. joined Nashville Music Pros
3 hours ago
John Heinrich posted a status
"Playing Billy Bob's in Froth Worth, Texas with Ronnie Milsap, here we are in Sound check!"
Sunday
John Heinrich posted a photo
Sunday
Terry Watson updated their profile
Thursday
Scott Pope updated their profile
Jul 21
Scott Pope posted photos
Jul 21
Larry Sherdian posted a status
"Who can fix my KM184's?"
Jul 21
Jim Moran and John Heinrich are now friends
Jul 20
Profile IconBarry Gordon, David Kiggins, Joseph Nicoletti and 3 more joined Nashville Music Pros
Jul 19
John Heinrich posted a photo
Jul 16
Burnice Bloosemgame joined Bret Teegarden's group
Jul 11
Joe Reed updated their profile
Jul 10
Jim Colyer posted a photo
Jul 9
Jim Colyer shared a profile on Twitter
Jul 9
Jim Colyer posted a status