Now shipping....

http://fatboygear.net

I am a songwriter with artist aspirations and I have a question regarding how the two tend to intertwine with one another.

Can I pitch my songs to publishers while at the same time recording the songs to promote myself to labels and the public as an artist, offering the recordings for purchase through my online store? Will this deter publishers from picking up the songs?

Tags: artist, labels, pitch, publishing, recording, songwriting

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure about publishers but if your shopping a label deal and your publishing is open, you may have more perceived value. Especially if you've written some hits.
Hmmm... That's great to know! Thanks!
Bret is right..
A label will want your publishing.
Ahhh... If only a label would want me ;-) Honestly, I'd be totally cool with a publishing deal right now! Anything to get me out of a 3am-8:30am UPS gig! Ha! Besides, like they say in Nashville, "It's all starts with a song!"
Keep pounding in all directions..
I've heard that is wiser to have your label deal separate from your publishing deal,that way if your label deal goes sour you still have the publishing.But then again I am merely a bass player that just moved here.
Interesting. Sort of makes sense, but I suppose you could build into the contract with the label that the two go hand-in-hand? I guess that's the sort of question that we have entertainment lawyers for, eh? :-) Thanks!

RSS

Latest Activity

Jason Ahlbrandt updated their profile
yesterday
Al Babyok and John Heinrich are now friends
Monday
Randy Smith updated their profile
Friday
John Heinrich posted photos
Oct 16
John Heinrich updated their profile
Oct 16
John Heinrich and Paul Fey are now friends
Oct 16
Frank A. Swiech posted a status
"Why Don't people get organized and have a raise money for poor kids in Westmoreland , Or East Nashville , Or Anywhere in OUR country .???"
Oct 15
Darryl Leach updated their profile
Oct 13
Cupit Recording Studio posted songs
Oct 9
Cupit Recording Studio is now friends with Mitch Matthews and David Mason
Oct 9
Cupit Recording Studio updated their profile
Oct 9
Lisa Bevill posted a status
"If anyone needs BGV's recorded on your projects, please post on my FB page or Lisa Bevill Music: https://www.facebook.com/LisaBevillMusic"
Oct 7
Lisa Bevill is now friends with Marc Frigo, Dana B Martin, chris lee stout and 3 more
Oct 7
Terry Wendt and Al Babyok are now friends
Oct 1
Al Babyok updated their profile
Sep 30
Al Babyok and Frank A. Swiech are now friends
Sep 30

© 2014   Created by Bret Teegarden.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service