We have seen alot of changes in the last 5 years. The music business has shifted, the way people listen to music has changed, and the way records are done has evolved. As writers, producers, engineers, and musicians we will have to continue to adapt. Will there still be studios? Sessions could be from our houses linked by iChat. Will music be "free"? The new generation of kids rarely pay for music. Will so many people make their own records that no one will care?
What are your predictions? What does the future look like?
My top 3:
1. No more CD's. Hi-Rez mp3's will take over.
2. Wal-Mart will sell songs for 29 cents.
3. All cars will be 5.1 Surround
4. Avid will own Apple or Apple will own Avid (Digidesign)
1. We will run out of oil.
2. The planet will melt due to global warming.
3. The food supply will be poisoned by terrorists.
4. Hillary Clinton will still be president.
5. We will go back making music with sticks and what animal fibers are left.
6. Only the truly talented will be signed by BMG.