Now shipping....

http://fatboygear.net

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd let everyone know that Bruce Barr who many of you probably knew was killed in a car accident on Friday night in his home of Chattanooga, TN. He work with many of us selling gear at Profound Sound in Andover, Kansas through much of the 80's. Then he moved back to Chattanooga to specialize in vintage gear. He was 49 with five children. He was a great guitar player as well.

We'll miss you Bruce.

Dennis Dearing

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I used to deal with Bruce all the time when I was in Tulsa. He bailed me out of equipment emergencies several times. He helped outfit one of my studios as well. He was a great guy and always dealt honestly and fairly. I'm so sorry to hear this. I know he will be greatly missed.
Wow, I DO remember Bruce and bought many a great piece of gear from him. He will be missed.

There are too many good people leaving us lately.
Paul,

with the loss of Bruce Barr, Terry McMillan, Jackie Street and John Hughey it's just too much. These guys were lost much too young and we can only imagine what wonderful things we would have seen and heard from them. It's been a sad period of time for sure. Even though we know and trust all is in God's time, it would have been nice to see them in their eighties and nineties and say, "what a long fulfilling life they had." At least these guys made up for it by their character and achievements in the years they had. What an inspiring example for us all.
You are so right, Bret.

It's hit me hard because over the past year, like you say, so many good guys have gone on. Plus I lost my Dad last year and that sort of make my awareness of loss even greater. But again, what an example of life and excellence these guys were.

These experiences are "priority aligners" for us all. We just gotta remember, learn from it, and realize that 90% of what we stress over is not important. A lot more to life than tweedlin' knobs etc....I think I'll go spend the evening with my wife....
Wow. I'm only tonight discovering this thread, and I almost passed it by. I bought stuff from Bruce all through the 80's and then lost track of him. I always wondered what became of him. I'm truly saddened that I'll never get to tell him hello again. Wow. What a drag......He will be missed.

RSS

Latest Activity

J. K. Coltrain posted photos
yesterday
J. K. Coltrain updated their profile
yesterday
J. K. Coltrain and Ross Key are now friends
yesterday
J. K. Coltrain posted a song

play somebody's Angel - j.K. Coltrain

broken
03:39
yesterday
J. K. Coltrain posted a status
"We are havingrtist showcase during The Country Radio Seminar next year. Signup early to reserve your spot http://www.countrystarshowcase.com"
yesterday
J. K. Coltrain posted a status
"I thought that I would share this video of Eagle Over Angel from The Country Junction TV Show. http://youtu.be/l9hksSt0k80"
yesterday
Jim Colyer posted a song

play HARD EARNED LOVE wbg

03:08
yesterday
Jim Colyer posted a status
"Annie CD almost complete!"
yesterday
Jim Colyer shared a profile on Twitter
yesterday
Jim Colyer shared a profile on Facebook
yesterday