Has anyone ever worked with Doug Sarrett? I met him once, and he has been my hero for years, but i've never been lucky enough.....sigh. I hear he carries a gun to sessions and is known to see sounds in "colors" and talk to himself. wow. What a genius. Truly a visionary.
This is what I know or have heard about Doug Sarrett:
* - He once threw a silver dollar across the Cumberland River.
* - He once chopped down one of his dad’s cherry trees to make a set of false teeth, and then did not lie about it when confronted.
* - He once shot the wing off of a wasp with a BB gun. The wasp was behind him, the gun was balanced on his shoulder, and he was using a hand mirror to aim.
* - He has a huge blue ox named Babs.
* - He jingles when he walks.
* - He once saddled and rode a tornado in Kansas.
* - His first wife was named ‘Slue-foot Sue”. One time, upon bringing her home after some steamy necking, he found a prosthetic hook on the door handle of his car.
* - He once challenged Satan to a fiddling contest and won.
* - In some parts of the world he is called “Sasquatch”.
* - He flies in from his private island to do sessions. The island features a large rock formation shaped somewhat like a knob or a maybe a button.
- His poop is used for currency in Argentina
- He once wrestled a polar bear, and would have won had it not been for a nasty head cold
- He once breast-fed an injured flamingo, and its health was restored
- He can palm a medicine ball
- He fed his newborn babies shrimp-scampi
- He was the whistler on the Andy Griffith show
- At his bachelor party, he ate the whole cake before we could tell him there was a stripper inside of it...
Doug and I served time together at Angola. Though we weren't cell-mates, each evening after lock down I could clearly hear the tortured strains of a Psalm or two as he lulled the men to sleep with his beautiful voice.
Doug once fought Chuck Norris and almost won. He was the only person on the face of the earth that actually gave Chuck a run for his money. His undoing was when going for a roundhouse kick his shorts ripped and that was the beginning of the end. At one point though, Doug had a beard that rivaled Chuck's. If he had only won that fight he could've been Walker, Texas Ranger.