I have X1 in the box, am also waiting on a computer upgrade. Producer 6.5 is my most current version. I had a little cash for toys this year and decided on an 8 pack of preamps instead of a computer.
Jon, this will probably sound kind of silly, since you have yet to install X1, but you may want to consider upgrading to X2. I don't usually trip over myself to grab every upgrade that comes along, but there's a lot of really cool improvements in X2 that made it totally worth it for me. Your upgrade cost would be $99. Just something to think about. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
Not silly at all, I appreciate the input. I have PE3, got an upgrade to PE5, but it was so buggy I hardly looked at it until PE6 and its variations came out. I skipped over 7, heard too much against it. I have 8.5 in a box too, was my first upgrade with a new computer in mind, then X1 appeared. I'll likely do the X2 upgrade and just leave 8.5 and X1 in their boxes, lol.