Now shipping....

http://fatboygear.net

I Have a Pro Tools LE rig running PT8. I am trying to use elastic audio to bring the tempo up a couple bpms, But By Bass track warbles... I am not sure what I am doing wrong?
Everything sounds great except the bass track.
I can do it on other songs that are two track masters with no problem.
I want to tick up the basic track to add an edge before I do over dubbs, but the bass track warbles still.

Any Ideas????

Tags: Audio, Elastic, Pro, Tools

Views: 179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Elastic Audio has several different quality settings. If you are doing real-time conversion, things are going to have artifacts. The x-factor setting requires processing but gives a much better result, especially with the "Formant" engaged. The Formant switch helps preserve the upper harmonics which are what affect the amount of artifacts in the conversion. You will hear the real-time conversion which might sound funny but once you have adjusted the region to conform with the tempo change, taking the elastic audio off will ask you to commit or process the waveform. After you process you will hear the better sounding result.

Make sure to duplicate a playlist with audio so you can get back to the original easily.

Also, it makes a difference whether your tracks are set to Samples or Ticks. Consult the documentation under Help>ProTools Reference Guide. PT has great docs right on screen but people seldom use it :)
Thanks Brent I will try That.

LG
Make sure and use the "Monophonic" setting when manipulating bass. The "polyphonic, monophonic, rhythmic options are also all important for the various other instruments. Not to totally disagree with Bret but I've found on a recent project that when I did the elastic audio on drums it sounded better when I didn't actually print or commit or process. Maybe I'm wrong but test the theory and decide.
I've run into that. Different program material, different A to D converters and different sample rates can all lead to different artifacts and hence different results. I found elastic audio sounded lots better at 96k. I also found that, much to my surprise, the old WAVES soundshifter plug run audiosuite at 96k could beat it every time.
A well-kept Elastic Audio secret:

This probably won't fix your problem but it may help a little. I've found that when you're using elastic audio on guitar tracks, especially bass, or really anything besides drums, it helps to go through, move your warp markers to where you want them, switch to analysis marker view and delete all of the analysis markers. If you remove unnecessary warp and analysis markers, you may notice some of the unwanted artifacts will be gone.

RSS

Latest Activity

Kirk Thompson Producer/engineer left a comment for Tia Blanton
Monday
Billy Smiley updated their profile
Monday
Frank A. Swiech and John Heinrich are now friends
Oct 25
Jason Ahlbrandt updated their profile
Oct 22
Randy Smith updated their profile
Oct 17
John Heinrich posted photos
Oct 16
John Heinrich updated their profile
Oct 16
John Heinrich and Paul Fey are now friends
Oct 16
Frank A. Swiech posted a status
"Why Don't people get organized and have a raise money for poor kids in Westmoreland , Or East Nashville , Or Anywhere in OUR country .???"
Oct 15
Darryl Leach updated their profile
Oct 13
Cupit Recording Studio posted songs
Oct 9
Cupit Recording Studio is now friends with Mitch Matthews and David Mason
Oct 9
Cupit Recording Studio updated their profile
Oct 9
Lisa Bevill posted a status
"If anyone needs BGV's recorded on your projects, please post on my FB page or Lisa Bevill Music: https://www.facebook.com/LisaBevillMusic"
Oct 7
Lisa Bevill is now friends with Marc Frigo, Dana B Martin, chris lee stout and 3 more
Oct 7
Terry Wendt and Al Babyok are now friends
Oct 1

© 2014   Created by Bret Teegarden.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service