Now shipping....

http://fatboygear.net

I know this is not a music business related post, but after a short discussion with a few engineers yesterday, it became clear that the majority of us had discovered we were severely deficient in Vitamin D, some even had discovered their levels were almost zero.

This is a very serious medical situation as Vitamin D deficiencies have been linked to many health problems including heart failure, obesity, cancer, mental illness, depression, and the list goes on. We need to raise awareness on this issue.

Because we (engineers and studio musicians) spend so much of our time in non-sunlit spaces, we almost never get the 10,000 IUs per day that just 20-30 minutes of full body sun exposure would naturally produce. Over time, this has devastating affects on our health.

This post is not to advise any treatment or supplement program because each person is different, but you owe it to yourself, your family and the music community to get your levels checked.

Please see your doctor or contact MusiCares for one of their upcoming clinics if you are not adequately insured.

Contact  MusiCares at 615.327.0050 or

e-mail Danielle.Bowker@grammy.com or Cortney.Bailey@grammy.com

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the heads up Bret. Great advice
Vitamin D deficiency is endemic in the US. Working long days (and nights) in studios without natural light increases your risk. Of course you can always take a multivitamin that contains vitamin D, but Bret, you are right-it is always worth being checked out by a doc.
my Doc. just put me on a prescription for vitamin D. turns out I'm deficient even after being in the sun Mt. biking all summer. Its a real problem, and I'm glad my doc. checked it. Hope more people get it looked at.

There is very concrete evidence linking vitamin D deficiency with alarmingly increased incidence of juvenile diabetes, and heart disease in all ages.

Also, mental clarity and emotional stability are affected by D deficiency....not that that would be a problem for engineers....

RSS

Latest Activity

Dr. Evie Hawkins, PhD. updated their profile
yesterday
Mark Lange posted a blog post
Sep 9
Mark Lange updated their profile
Sep 9
Larry Cox Aka-Tennessee Larue posted a status
"My New Gospel Cd Comes out New Month ," Songs From My Father" Tennessee Larue I will post some cuts soon ,Larue"
Sep 7
"What A Joy to have all of you in my life .My new Fan Base is 105,559 Thousand ,And growing ,God Bless You All, Tennessee Larue"
Sep 7
Wayne Appleby posted a photo
Sep 5
Jean Stafford updated their profile
Sep 5
Steven M. Byrom posted a status
"I'm twittering now- look me up @stevenbyrom"
Sep 5
Steven M. Byrom updated their profile
Sep 5
Paul Fey replied to Larry Sherdian's discussion Tracking desk
Sep 4
Paul Fey replied to Tim Akers's discussion How to "make it" in Nashville
Sep 4
Larry Cox Aka-Tennessee Larue promoted Larry Cox Aka-Tennessee Larue's profile
Sep 1
"Happy Labor Day to You All ,I Love Ya, Tennessee Larue?"
Sep 1
Paul Fey commented on John Heinrich's video
Aug 31
Paul Fey replied to Jack Hinson's discussion 2" Tape Machine, which would you choose? in the group Studios
Aug 31
Paul Fey replied to Bret Teegarden's discussion Home Studios - Effects and concerns.... in the group Studios
Aug 31

© 2014   Created by Bret Teegarden.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service