I have a killer Fender Blues Deluxe amp covered in tweed. I had it in storage for only a couple months but moisture must have gotten it cause it now has mold all over the covering. Any thoughts on how to fix this, or where to take it? Thanks in advance... Erick
The easiest way is to dilute bleach in water (about 25% bleach/75% water) and use a spray bottle to put a light mist over the mold... let it sit for a while. That should kill the mold. Then you can clean it like you normally would.
Even better, believe it or not, is vodka. You'll run no risk of ruining the tweed or fading the color, and once it dries there will be no residual odor. I know it sounds a little odd, but it works very well. When I go on tour I bring a small spray bottle of vodka to spray down my stage clothes after shows, once they dry there's no odor at all, sweat or otherwise. Makes things a little better when there's no laundry access for weeks at a time.