Now shipping....

http://fatboygear.net

So I know this is not the greatest synth in the world but I got it cheap on ebay and the seller said it worked perfectly but of course upon receiving it I discovered some things. There is no output audio! If I turn it all the way up through my amp I can hear a base tone that stays sustained, and is even playable with the keys and I'm able to modulate it with some of the controls, although its hard to hear because it's mostly all high frequencies. Now the weird part (or maybe this is a dead giveway to the problem) is that when i engage the aftertouch it gets loud as crap. I can basically only play it by holding down one key and playing the other notes (it's monophonic but the one hard- pressed key lets the sound of the other notes play out.).

Anyone know what might be the cause of this? Or know of anyone in town who specializes in old analog synths?  This is from 1973 and has some really cool old vintage sounds but without being able to play it like a real keyboard and not some  kind of ribbon controller it's basically just a noisemaker or trip machine.

Any ideas?

Tags: Frogman, SH2000, aftertouch, analog, base, output, problem, roland, synth, synthesizer, More…tone, troubleshooting

Views: 70

Reply to This

Latest Activity

Terry Zimmerman posted photos
yesterday
Terry Zimmerman is now a member of Nashville Music Pros
yesterday
Rick Hatfield posted a status
"What's happening?"
Tuesday
Rick Hatfield updated their profile
Tuesday