Now shipping....

http://fatboygear.net

Suggestions on best acoustic piano in studio in Nashville?

I am looking to book studio time for a solo piano project in Nashville - and the piano sound and feel are of utmost importance.   The project will have the feel similar to a Jim Brickman or Peter Kater vibe, and will be acoustic piano only.   Prefer a Yamaha or Steinway Grand - but also want rich warm tones, and a velvet touch feel to the keyboard action.

I can't stress how important it is to find the right piano for this solo acoustic piano CD.

Any suggestions of recording studio pianos (preferably in Nashville) that fit this description will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Ed

Tags: acoustic, grand, piano, recording, steinway, studio, yamaha

Views: 259

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My first choices based solely on piano would be Brenden Harkin's studio Wildwood or Mark Birchfield's place. They are both members here on NMP. I am sure others have some favorites.

Hey thanks for your quick response Bret - I will check them both out.  Much appreciated!  Ed

We have a fantastic grand piano in our studio. In fact, piano players book our studio BECAUSE of the piano, and nothing else! We are located in East Nashville.  Call me if you want to come play around with it and see for yourself - 615.972.2712.

~Jill at Sharkbait Studios

Thanks for your reply Jill  - can you tell me what model your piano is?  Ed

Yes. We have an unusual choice, but it is stellar - a must-try.

We have a Young Chang-Pramberger 6'1" Grand. In the store, it won out against Yamahas and Steinways due to its playability and tone. It is seriously our pride and joy.  : )

Pramberger was a Steinway designer and was hired to design his dream piano for Young Chang.

Here is the story about how this piano came to be:

http://www.rivertonmusic.com/Pramberger.htm

RSS

Latest Activity

Terry Watson updated their profile
13 hours ago
Scott Pope updated their profile
Monday
Scott Pope posted photos
Monday
Larry Sherdian posted a status
"Who can fix my KM184's?"
Monday
Jim Moran and John Heinrich are now friends
Sunday
Profile IconBarry Gordon, David Kiggins, Joseph Nicoletti and 3 more joined Nashville Music Pros
Saturday
John Heinrich posted a photo
Jul 16
Burnice Bloosemgame joined Bret Teegarden's group
Jul 11
Joe Reed updated their profile
Jul 10
Jim Colyer posted a photo
Jul 9
Jim Colyer shared a profile on Twitter
Jul 9
Jim Colyer posted a status