Now shipping....

http://fatboygear.net

It has started already this year, so I have decided to make it official and allow any of my friends who wish to spread the word. I am the real singer of the infamous O Holy Night that has been floating around the Internet for the past fifteen years or so. Two things have made me decide to take the lid off of the big secret. One, a lot of people are getting a lot of hits on YouTube claiming to be the real singer, but lip syncing badly. One guy has over 200,000 hits on his video. Secondly, enough people have posted my real name on the Internet that there is no reason to try to hide it.
I, Steve W. Mauldin, producer/arranger in Nashville, Tennessee did in fact sing the terrible vocal on the now famous O Holy Night. You are free to spread the word. If you know me, you know I am truthful. I have the original 1/4 inch tape from 1989, I have the orchestral score, and I have the original vocal with choir, split track, and track with no vocal.

I have put the song and the track on iTunes. Search for Funny O Holy Night or place the artist name Steve M. If you want the whole story, contact me at funnyoholynight@comcast.net. Lots of people know it's me, but now I welcome anyone telling my full name since it keeps showing up in discussions anyway.

Every year I think it will die, but I have already had inquiries this year. Last year, an animal rights group from Melbourne Austrailia asked my permission to us it for their campaign. They sent a nice certificate of appreciation.

It was recorded at Oak Valley Studio, Kevin McManus engineered it and it was at the end of a very long recording process for a Christmas album for Christ Church on Old Hickory Blvd. At the end of the session, we were letting off some steam and I sang this version never intending for anyone to hear it except a few close friends. My wife hates it and will not be in a room when it is playing, my dad thought I should not have sang that way on this song. I didn't sing bad to this song, I sang to the last song of the project. Had the last song been White Christmas, I would have sang to White Christmas. But I did not mean for the world to hear it, I was just having some studio fun once we had everything for the album recorded on the 2" tape, like we studio musicians do.

I have heard me singing on Rick & Bubba, Jerry House, a radio station in San Francisco retired the song from their "worse Christmas song of all time" contest declaring it the official #1 Best Worse Christmas Song ever after it won 12 years in a row. They now vote for #2. A friend called from NY while in the Carnegie Hall elevator to let me hear myself singing in Carnegie Hall..........'s elevator.

So spread the word, let's have our laugh and get it over with. Send your friends to iTunes if they do not have it and I will make a little money off of the downloads or the streaming. I have currently made 57.00 total for the couple of years I have had it on iTunes. It costs me 5.99 a month to keep it there. Up until now, I had made nothing, but this was never released as a commercial venture, it just happened.

In any event, I hope this song has made you laugh, and has lifted your spirits. If you haven't heard it, go to iTunes, or if you don't want to spend any money, Fred McKinnon.com has had it on his website for years. I am sure you can find it, but my version is better.

Tags: Holy, Night, O

Views: 6188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

priceless, my favorite comment below the video was the person who said they wanted to make love to the singer of this song... HAHAHAHAHA!
I am sorry, I have been married for 26 years, I'm not allowed to make love anymore!!!!!!
so are you someday going to reveal to us that you made the Sketchy Santa Video?
No! I did not do that, nor any of the other funny Christmas stuff. I was a part of the "How to Thro Your Voice" after the fact, signing Fred Blankenship to a personal contract. I thought I could get him on Hew Haw at the time since Junior Samples had died.

But I DID sing the version of O Holy Night that you know. I am trying to get the schedule to work for me to re-sing it tonight! I want to show the original tape, the score, play some of Guy Penrod singing the original version, and then sing it....for better or worse.... ore for worse and worser. I will post it if I do get that done tonight. It will be put on Youtube immediately! No lip syncing, I will sing as much as I can, but that was 20 years ago and forty pounds ago.
so, you should sound even worse now :)
this song version makes me complete as a person!

RSS

Latest Activity

Kirk Thompson Producer/engineer left a comment for Tia Blanton
Monday
Billy Smiley updated their profile
Monday
Frank A. Swiech and John Heinrich are now friends
Saturday
Jason Ahlbrandt updated their profile
Oct 22
Randy Smith updated their profile
Oct 17
John Heinrich posted photos
Oct 16
John Heinrich updated their profile
Oct 16
John Heinrich and Paul Fey are now friends
Oct 16
Frank A. Swiech posted a status
"Why Don't people get organized and have a raise money for poor kids in Westmoreland , Or East Nashville , Or Anywhere in OUR country .???"
Oct 15
Darryl Leach updated their profile
Oct 13
Cupit Recording Studio posted songs
Oct 9
Cupit Recording Studio is now friends with Mitch Matthews and David Mason
Oct 9
Cupit Recording Studio updated their profile
Oct 9
Lisa Bevill posted a status
"If anyone needs BGV's recorded on your projects, please post on my FB page or Lisa Bevill Music: https://www.facebook.com/LisaBevillMusic"
Oct 7
Lisa Bevill is now friends with Marc Frigo, Dana B Martin, chris lee stout and 3 more
Oct 7
Terry Wendt and Al Babyok are now friends
Oct 1

© 2014   Created by Bret Teegarden.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service