Now shipping....

http://fatboygear.net

So I am an AES member, and proud to be. I wanted to see what other organizations are out there for audio professionals, and what folks think of them - their benefits, downfalls, etc.

My top ten reasons why I think being an AES member is kickin':

1. The insurance you can get through it. That's right. Insurance. Health. Woah.
2. The networking opportunities - an event where you get to meet people who are either starting out, in the midst or legends. All in one place. Awesome.
3. Meeting guys (if you are a single chick) - my gal pals always ask where all the men are. HA! I say, AES.
4. The meetings where you get to see all the studios you wish would employ you, but don't (or do, if you are the few, the proud).
5. The gear that you get to see, that you may never be able to afford, but then again, here comes Christmas (or Hanukkah!). Mom? Dad? Can you buy me an HD rig?
6. The guest speakers - some fly in, some stagger in, but they all have intelligent things to say. Oh, and a lot of them are famous - at least within the industry.
7. The great analog vs. digital debate - makes for a good floor show sometimes.
8. Where else can you play a full-blown poker tournament with an external hard drive as the prize and get a healthy and fierce competition going? Hilarious.
9. The non-audio related events, like hang-out sessions at bars/restaurants, golf tournaments, etc. - we also get to have an outside life. Brilliant.
10. A reason for us all to come out of our respective audio caves.

Do you know of other organizations like this? I would love to hear about them and what you think of them. I myself have heard of NAPRS - is anyone a thrilled member who can tell us more?

What else is out there?

Tags: AES, NAPRS

Views: 15

Replies to This Discussion

AESNASHVILLE.ORG will have it's own insurance with Vanderbilt after September 1st.
go to aesnashville.org
Sound Health.......
We have partnered with Vanderbilt and the NBA.
Bil VornDick
I need to crawl out of my audio cave, get some sun, and breathe some fresh air!
Insurance? Man what the hell has this world come to?

RSS

Latest Activity

Larry Sherdian posted a status
"Just bought a Trident 80C. Has Megamix fader automation. Any ideas? Going to be a really pretty desk when I'm done."
7 hours ago
Ronnie Thomas is now friends with Jayce Hein and Debra Gordon
Friday
Jim Colyer replied to Jim Colyer's discussion 29:11 Promotions
Thursday
Jim Colyer posted songs
Thursday
Jim Colyer posted a status
Thursday
Jim Colyer posted a status
"Annie Belle her vocal on ALL ROADS LEAD TO YOU.…"
Thursday
guitarMike posted a photo
Aug 11
guitarMike posted a status
"now living in my hometown of Jacksonville Fl ( new cell 850 408-0940 )"
Aug 11
Jim Colyer posted a discussion
Aug 3
jay brown promoted jay brown's profile
Aug 3
The Record Shop is now friends with Matt Pogorelc and Dana B Martin
Aug 2
Profile IconMike Barnes and M.Gantt Kees Jr. joined Nashville Music Pros
Jul 29
John Heinrich posted a status
"Playing Billy Bob's in Froth Worth, Texas with Ronnie Milsap, here we are in Sound check!"
Jul 26
John Heinrich posted a photo
Jul 26
Terry Watson updated their profile
Jul 24
Scott Pope updated their profile
Jul 21

© 2014   Created by Bret Teegarden.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service