Now shipping....

http://fatboygear.net

On MOTU's website they cleverly show how to scale back vibrato on vocals, however I cannot for the life of me figure out how they are doing this. I highlight the pitch and turn on the reshape tool and still get a sideways arrow. I am trying to get the vertical pitch arrow...I can do this in Melodyne and Auto tune, but would much rather not add those plugins unless necessary. I must be doin something wrong. The "scale expression" feature in the audio menu does this but not visually. I figured one of you can help!

here is the link http://www.motu.com/products/software/dp/pitch-auto.html

Thanks!

Michael

Views: 17

Replies to This Discussion

Michael, I know you are looking for helpful comments, but just in case it makes you feel any better, I gave up on that part of DP and went back to Auto tune. I called Motu about it and was pretty much told "what do you expect for the cost". I hope you figure it out. Take care.........
Michael, I tried using the pencil tool and it seemed to work just fine. One little gotcha, though. The pencil tool was grayed out until I clicked in the SE window. I was using the consolidated window and apparently the Tracks window was frontmost.

Ted
I know how to use the pencil tool, I need the scale audio tool, Its an up and down arrow(not the side to side arrow). Thoughts?

I think you can select the vibrato sections of the vocal pass.Then select the scale expression in the audio pitch correction menu,then I usually set it a 30%.That seems to help the problem for me.

Hey there!  Just came across this group.

Her's how to scale pitch in DP:

Display the pitch view in the sequence editor.  Zoom in close enough that you see the pitch and target bars.  The target bars are used as guides when doing pitch scaling.  You can use the M key to glue target bars together.  You can drag the ends of the target bars to change duration.  You can use the C key to cut target bars.

If you hold down the Option key and drag on the pitch line, you will scale the pitch within that target bar.

Drag up exaggerates the pitch differences.  Drag down conforms the pitch top the target bar.

Dave

RSS

Latest Activity

Al Babyok updated their profile
2 hours ago
Al Babyok and Frank A. Swiech are now friends
3 hours ago
Alex. Rockafellar updated their profile
21 hours ago
Jim 'The Reverb King' Brown updated their profile
yesterday
Rocky LoCicero posted a video

Luv Again by Cold Old Man (Original Music)

Luv Again by Cold Old Man aka EZ Rockah
yesterday
Kelton Swade updated their profile
Sep 22
Barry Gordon and Neal Merrick Blackwood are now friends
Sep 22
Larry Cox Aka-Tennessee Larue shared a profile on Google +1
Sep 21
Larry Cox Aka-Tennessee Larue promoted Larry Cox Aka-Tennessee Larue's profile
Sep 21
Willy Boroski posted a status
"Getting very excited! For the Album's release!"
Sep 19
Willy Boroski posted a status
"My 2014 Album is 99% done - got some Art work and photos stuff to do!"
Sep 19
Duane Hitchings posted a status
"Where am I ? Oh ....... Nashville Music Pros ! HI GANG !"
Sep 17
Dr. Evie Hawkins, PhD. updated their profile
Sep 15
Mark Lange posted a blog post
Sep 9
Mark Lange updated their profile
Sep 9
Larry Cox Aka-Tennessee Larue posted a status
"My New Gospel Cd Comes out New Month ," Songs From My Father" Tennessee Larue I will post some cuts soon ,Larue"
Sep 7

© 2014   Created by Bret Teegarden.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service