Now shipping....

http://fatboygear.net

Hi all,
I own the old Steinway B that was in Woodland A until Floyd got his Baldwin endorsement and Woodland replaced all their pianos. So mine was the piano in the A room from the beginning (1967 until 1982). I'm trying to sell it as a historical piano and need to know of sessions/artists that recorded there. Anyone out there old enough to have played there at that time? You have any memories/stories that would help me create the documents I need to sell this piano as the legend it is?

Tags: Woodland, piano

Views: 6

Replies to This Discussion

I worked there in the 70's & through the early 80's while the Steinway in Studio A was still Kicking. I produced Stella Parton, Paul Overstreet and a number of other Artist in Studio A, with that Grand Steinway. I worked countless sessions as a drummer, MUSICIAN/8-) Trumpet, while Pig, Bunky and many other Piano players banged on that Great Piano.
I'm Glad to know it's in good hands........do you have trouble keeping it tuned? At Woodland, the humidity got strings, guitars and the Steinway out of tune, after one or two sessions.
Conni, I do know of a friend of mine who knows about everyone and thing in the Nashville Recording sceen. His name is Ronny Light Phone is Studio @ 615-834-1583 Ronny has been around since dirt:-) One of my first recording a Woodland A & B was in 1969. I was 4yrs old, still in diapers...just borned. I did do my 1st session @ Woodland when I was 18. I worked with Wayne Jackson & the Memphis Horns on my 1st session there....Also We did a hook up form a Mix down studio at Hillbilly Towers and Bell South ran a Cable all the way to Woodland B @ that time. 1st session was on Dave Brubeck....then next Album was on Tracy Nelson. I could go on but it might get me in trouble/8-)
Wow- you did a lot of projects there! I've managed to get the provenance together on the piano- now we're looking for someone to buy it. No, it holds pitch very well and is still a beautiful sounding instrument. It was used on a project last week. I know Ronny too! Seems I've been around since dirt as well!
Connie.....I played guitar on a Slim Whitman record (as best as I remember it was 1981) Pete Drake producing....Another person that could tell you a bunch about that piano would be Ron Oates and David Briggs....

Thanks
Bill Hullett

RSS

Latest Activity

Stephen Rockford Hammond updated their profile
yesterday
Jim Colyer updated their profile
yesterday
Jim Colyer posted a status
"Recording with Annie B"
yesterday
Jim Colyer posted a song