Now shipping....

http://fatboygear.net

Hey guys, where do you like to track and why? Is it the console, the room shape and materials, gear, vibe?

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

I'm either spoiled or lazy - I like to track at my own place, since all my stuff is here. The 45 second commute doesn't hurt, either, and we make REALLY good coffee....

Java Jive Studio
www.javajivestudio.com
As a player, Oceanway. The vibe, the Neve, the monitors, the space, the que, etc., all great. There are plenty more great places, but that's my fav (the bean could be better though...).
tie
Oceanway n Blackbird
HEADPHONE SYSTEM
How about Pyle Studios Burnsville, Ms>>>
Blackbird is cool. Oceanway is cool too. Dig the headphone thing. The vibe at Blackbird is a lil' hipper though. Ahhhh Platinum lab though... I dig the vibe there because they have an Xbox. :)
How Vibey is it? Are they old school with an XBOX or did they upgrade to an XBOX 360??? I personally carry my "vintage" PONG with me..... You just never know when the client wants to keep it real.....
Platinum lab also has one of the nicer sounding control rooms in town. Play back is inspiring. They lack a bit in hang out space, however they have more room than my place.
Sound? who cares about sound! They have an XBOX!!!!! hahahaha.... I think it's old school X though. And true... not a huge amount of hang space. Especially when I'm doing those Gangsta Rap sessions. Those 17 "hype" guys that just sit around and look tough, there's really not enough space for them. Some have to sit outside on the hoods of their cars.
;)
ck
Just got finished over at Oceanway and I love it there; what a wonderful room to track. No Xbox though...hmmmm...yeah it still gets my vote.
Blackbird, for all the guitars on the walls! ;-)
Serenity Hill.
Simple, earthy and fun with an appreciation for the bluesier side of a production. Large wooden drum room. The most recent three or four projects have been mixed by Niko Bolas at Blackbird, but this is a congenially musical room to track in. Appropriate Neve and UA mic pre's. Great in-house coffee brand and a comfortable cafe/break room. Lovely rural-like setting, yet right in mid-town. And hey! Last, but not least for me, one of the most elegant yet ballsy, well-maintained vintage Hammond C-3/leslie rigs I may have ever played regularly. Did I mention, Murph Wanca at Nashville Pro Hammond rules?
Studio 19 , 821 19th ave south!! Great Room < Great Rates!!!!!

RSS

Latest Activity

Al Babyok and John Heinrich are now friends
14 hours ago
Randy Smith updated their profile
Friday
John Heinrich posted photos
Thursday
John Heinrich updated their profile
Thursday
John Heinrich and Paul Fey are now friends
Thursday
Frank A. Swiech posted a status
"Why Don't people get organized and have a raise money for poor kids in Westmoreland , Or East Nashville , Or Anywhere in OUR country .???"
Wednesday
Darryl Leach updated their profile
Oct 13
Cupit Recording Studio posted songs
Oct 9
Cupit Recording Studio is now friends with Mitch Matthews and David Mason
Oct 9
Cupit Recording Studio updated their profile
Oct 9
Lisa Bevill posted a status
"If anyone needs BGV's recorded on your projects, please post on my FB page or Lisa Bevill Music: https://www.facebook.com/LisaBevillMusic"
Oct 7
Lisa Bevill is now friends with Marc Frigo, Dana B Martin, chris lee stout and 3 more
Oct 7
Terry Wendt and Al Babyok are now friends
Oct 1
Al Babyok updated their profile
Sep 30
Al Babyok and Frank A. Swiech are now friends
Sep 30
Alex. Rockafellar updated their profile
Sep 29

© 2014   Created by Bret Teegarden.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service